Sinnott Signs Another New Player

Port Vale's new striker Tobias Mikaelsson believes he can follow Aston Villa team-mate Chris Herd's example and become a success at Vale Park. Mickaelson, aged 19, became Vale's second loan signing from Villa in eight days when he joined for a month this afternoon. The Swedish centre-forward, who has scored eight goals in 10 appearances for Villa's reserves this season, goes straight into the Vale squad for Saturday's game at League One leaders Swansea. The teenager hopes he can bridge the gap from reserve to first-team football as successfully as Herd after the Australian starred in Vale's 3-1 win over Millwall last Saturday.
Mikaelsson said: "I spoke to Chris about Port Vale and he said good things about the club. That made a big impact on my decision. I think he has shown that he can play at this level. First of all I want to see how I can cope with first-team football here in England. Hopefully I can help the team score goals. I've seen the table and we need a few points to stay in the league."
The Gothenburg-born striker is out of contract at Villa at the end of the season having moved to the Premier League giants from Sweden three years ago. He said: "I am a link-up player. I like to think of myself as an intelligent player, with decent technique on the ball, good movement and a bit of pace. I am quite tall, so that helps as well. I am very pleased to be at Port Vale. I need first-team experience now and I think this is a very good opportunity."
Vale manager Lee Sinnott said: "Tobias is top scorer in Aston Villa's reserves. I have seen him a couple of times, as I had Chris Herd, and he is the right player at the right time for us."

Mickaelson joins three trialists given a chance also by Sinnott this week. He will be joined in training with Alan Smith, Mark Byrnes and Matt Deegan.

1 comment:

Rui said...

Up the Vale!!!
Ever!!
In League Two too..

from two crazy italians :)